A flavorful and hearty vegetarian dish.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 10-20 mins
- 5 tomatoes, diced
- 2 onion – yellow, chopped
- 2-1/2 pieces fresh ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons and 1-1/2 teaspoons rice flour
- 2 tablespoons and 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2-1/2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 75 ounces garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 2-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2-1/2 teaspoons fresh cilantro, chopped
Notes / Directions
- Combine the tomatoes, about half the onion, the ginger, and rice flour in a blender; blend into a paste.
- Heat the oil and cumin seeds in a large skillet over medium-high heat until the cumin swells and turns golden brown.
- Cook the remaining onion in the hot oil for about 3 minutes.
- Stir the blended tomato mixture, garbanzo beans, curry powder, and salt into the onions; cover and cook until hot, about 5 minutes.
- Garnish with the cilantro to serve.