Holy cow, June! What is there to say about a month that:
- Hosted our biggest retreat group of the year?
- Had us saying goodbye to our year-round staff members, Greg, Lindsay, Jacob, Sarah and Ashley?
- Welcomed our summer staff, a talented, passionate crew of twelve?
- Saw 22 teenagers go on sea kayaking adventures along the coast of Catalina Island?
- Went from overnight lows of 40 to overnight lows of 60 in a period of one week?
- Gave everyone from the Maintenance Manager to the Executive Director a chance to cook a meal or two for our hungry trainees (We’re in the hiring process for a new assistant chef.)
- Trained 6 new lifeguards, a resident summer staff of 12, and 23 new summer camp counselors?
- Held a Counselor Training session that Rev. Greg Larkin, who has led more than 20 of them, called in his “top 5”?
- Watched four of our summer sessions completely sell out?
Perhaps it’s enough just to say that our staff is trained, ready and excited to welcome our first campers this weekend – and that in the meantime, we’re enjoying a few hard-earned days off!