A tasty winter porridge packed with protein and flavor!
Camp Stevens Oatmeal
Makes 3-4 servings
- 1/2 cup dried fruit (cranberries, goji berries, raisins, etc.)
- 2/3 cup rolled oats (not 1-minute quick oats)
- 1/3 cup quinoa
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 cups of water
- 1 Tablespoon agave or honey
- (optional) 1/4 teaspoon of ground cardamom
- Mix all in a pot over medium heat
- Bring mixture to a boil
- Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until grains are tender (20-25 minutes)
- Add other nuts, seeds, and milk as desired.