I know I’m not the only one looking around wondering how it got to be December!
November flew by here at Camp Stevens, and culminated with a lively Thanksgiving Family Camp last weekend. We are thankful for so much here, including all that November offered:
- A rejuvenating Board of Visitors Weekend, where we welcomed some of our most fervent donors and supporters to celebrate where we’ve been and look toward the future.
- The opportunity to reflect on the opportunities and responsibilities of raising meat, as we prepared to slaughter the five pigs that we’ve been raising since June. For some of our considerations, please read this blog entry from earlier this month.
- A few program-free days for the staff to work on projects around camp!
- A performance by the San Diego Children’s Choir, here on their annual retreat. Talk about some talent!
- Our 40th annual Thanksgiving Family Camp was full, and eventful. From the Thursday evening feast,through the Saturday night Christmas tree lighting, the weekend offered long-loved traditions, and new activities. Check out the photos from the weekend on Facebook.
Now that December is here, we’re expecting snow anytime, and looking forward to a pretty low-key month. Most of our staff will be off, heading home or on adventures (sometimes one in the same!), from mid-December until the beginning of the New Year!