Makes 2 pizzas
½ oz. yeast
½ qt. warm water
1 ¾ lb. flour
½ oz. salt
1 ½ oz. sugar
Pinchful of Italian herbs
¾ oz. buttermilk (or soy milk)
1 ½ oz. olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees while you soften yeast in warm water.
- In a mixer with dough hook attachment, mix dry ingredients.
- Add bulging yeast, butter/soy milk and oil to the bowl and mix for 20 minutes and transfer to an oiled bowl.
- Cover with a dishtowel and set aside at stable temperature to rise until it’s double in size.
- Divide into 2 lb. balls, and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Spray pans & flour your work surface, then roll out dough to desired size, shape and thickness.
- Add sauce, cheese and toppings and bake for 15 minutes.